Monday, February 26, 2024

Week of February 26th

 Welcome back! This week should be a much more normal week than last week as far as quizzes and daily activities. I will be gone on Wednesday and Thursday though. I am headed to Georgia for a training opportunity and I am so excited to bring back what I learn and share it with the rest of our amazing staff here at Vision! Mrs. Pratt will be my sub and since she is with us each day, she knows what to do so that allows my class to move forward as usual. If you have any transportation changes, please make sure you send those to the office on those days to make sure they are made. I don't anticipate that I will have much time to check my email while I am gone, so I appreciate your understanding if you email me and it takes a bit for me to respond to you. It will likely be next week. 


ELA:

This week we will continue work on reading comprehension as we read through The One and Only Ivan. We will also continue our work on paired texts with ReadWorks. We WILL have a Morning Warm Up quiz as well as a Spelling Test on Thursday.

February Reading Calendars are due next Monday, March 4th. Next week is also the end of Quarter 3. That means that any missing assignments need to be turned in by next Thursday, March 7th. 


Math:

We WILL have a Math 4 Today quiz this week. We are going to be wrapping up Topic 9 this week as well. We are going to take our test on it next week, but I will put them in the grade book for Quarter 4 so that if any students need to retake it, they will have time to do that. I don't want to put it off until after the end of the quarter because we are coming down to the wire. Please make sure your student has mastered skills from Topic 9 on IXL. This is an excellent way to study for our test. 


Social Studies:

We jumped ahead to our Oregon Trail unit in our binders so that we were more prepared for Wagons Ho! We will finish up the activity we started there and then head back to our research project on the five main Native American Tribes after that. 


Read Across America Week:

Read Across America Week is next week. I will include the flyer here so that you can plan ahead and I will print them and send them home as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment