I cannot believe this is the last week of Quarter 1. This year is FLYING by and I know that is because these students are so wonderful. They make me laugh every day and are such a bright spot in my life!
Pajama Day!
This Thursday we are going to have pajama day! I have had to be gone for parts of days and one of our Essentials is that students treat the substitutes better than they treat me. They have been amazing while I am gone and so I want to reward them with a fun day! This is also the last day of Quarter 1.
End of Quarter 1:
Students who have no missing work will get to watch Alice in Wonderland in the classroom and students who have missing work will have an opportunity to work on that before the end of the day. Please know this is NOT a punishment. I had originally planned to have Thursday be a normal day with normal assignments given, but I decided to give this time to students who have missing work to get caught up before the end of that day. I know some students will be disappointed they won't be watching the movie, but they are welcome to join us as soon as they have everything caught up!
Alice in Wonderland is the book we will be reading for our October Book Celebration and I want students to be able to compare on contrast the differences between the book and the movie. This will not be a grade so if your student misses out on the movie, they will not miss out on a grade because of it.
Parent/Teacher Conferences:
We will be hosting "A Day in the Life of a 4th Grader" next Tuesday, October 6th. I will be hosting two sessions that you are welcome to sign up for. Even if you are coming to a one-on-one conference at another time, I recommend coming to this one as it gives great insight into how I hold students students to a high standard but make it fun and engaging. Be prepared to join in, this is not a spectator event. :) Your student will be helping to plan what parts of our day we want to show
No comments:
Post a Comment