I hope you all had a lovely weekend! It seems like the weather is cooling off and fall is really on the way. I have been reminding my students to wear layers since it is cooler in the morning and warmer in the afternoons. We also have pretty big temperature fluctuations as part of our HVAC system so layering is a good idea for class as well. :)
English Language Arts:
This week we are beginning to work on learning morphemes. Morphemes are the smallest chunk of a word that has meaning. If you have ever thought to yourself that the English language doesn't make sense, it is probably because we use morphemes from different languages!
Math:
Last week we reviewed concepts from Topic 1 again. Students need to have a firm understanding of place value to build on for the rest of the year. This week we moved into Topic 2 which is all about addition and subtraction.
Infinite Campus:
All of my students should now be able to access their Student Portal through Infinite Campus. They know how to check for missing assignments and they are going to do a grade check every Thursday that they will write in the "Friday" column of their agendas. Ask your student to show you how to do this at home, they are pretty good at it! :)
To access their work, they need to either be signed into their school account on a Chromebook or signed into their Gmail account using the email and password on their red login card. From their they just need to click on the little Bitmoji image of me that is in the signature of every email I send and everything should work like it does at school. :)
House Shirts:
I apologize to those students who have brought in a shirt. My computer at home broke and I haven't been able to get them done. I am hoping to be able to do them tonight though!
No comments:
Post a Comment