Monday, September 21, 2026

Week of September 21st

It definitely is feeling like fall is in the air! I am loving the crisp mornings but still warm days. With the change in weather brings the end of 1st quarter and I can hardly believe that. 

End of Quarter 1 and Parent/Teacher Conferences:

The end of Quarter 1 is next Thursday, October 1st. That means that students have until that day to turn in any missing work for partial credit. After the end of the day that Thursday, students will not be able to turn in any missing work for credit. 

Parent/Teacher Conferences are coming up on Wednesday, October 6th from 4:00-7:00 and Thursday, October 7th from 3:45-6:45. I will send out more information on conferences later this week so be on the look out for that email. 


ELA:

This week we will be working on really understanding subjects and predicates. Today we did a page in our Interactive Reading Notebooks that students can use as a tool throughout the year to help them. We will also be working on reading comprehension through our novel study and through reading non-fiction text on a program called ReadWorks. 


Math:

This week in math we will be finishing up Topic 2 and moving into Topic 3. Students will take the online assessment as a review again. I tend to not test the first couple Topics as they are more of a review of what students have learned in 3rd grade. Topic 3 is about multiplication and students will begin to delve deeper into that concept to prepare for multiplying larger numbers. 

I have several students who are super close to passing all of their multiplication facts! Students need to be practicing these at home 5 days a week and this is their math homework grade right now. 


October Book Celebration:

If you are new to Vision you may not know that we do not celebrate Halloween, instead each grade level reads a classic novel and then we do a Book Celebration. Students are invited to dress up as a character from the book if they want to. I encourage my students to create their costumes from things they have on hand at home and be creative! We will be doing this on Thursday, October 29th. I wanted to give you lots of time to plan ahead for that if your student would like to dress up. In 4th Grade we read Alice in Wonderland so students may choose a character from that book to dress up as if they would like. 


Student Chromebooks:

Our school offers our old Chromebooks, as they become available, to students who need one to be able to complete homework at home. Since we do require to complete unfinished work as homework, this can be a huge benefit to families. If your student would benefit from them, I just need an email from a parent letting me know and I will add your student's name to the list. 

*Please note that these Chromebooks are given as is and no tech support is offered for them.*

No comments:

Post a Comment