Monday, March 11, 2024

Week of March 11th

 Hello! I hope you are all surviving Daylight's Savings. I am not a fan myself lol. I had lots of sleepy kiddos this morning, but we still had a great day! I still am having a hard time believing we are already in the 4th Quarter of the year. I am really enjoying my time with these kiddos and am not ready for them to move on yet!

ELA:

This week in ELA we are going to really be focusing on vocabulary and how we can learn vocabulary through the use of Greek and Latin morphemes. We will not have a ReadWorks assignment this week, but will be reading The One and Only Ivan. This is a quiz week so we will have a Morning Warm Up quiz in addition to our regular spelling test.


Math:

This week in math we are going to continue working on multiplying a fraction by a whole number. I am so pleased with how my students are doing with this skill so far! We will have a Math 4 Today quiz this Thursday. Homework this week will reflect the lessons we are doing in class.


Parent/Teacher Conferences:

This Thursday from 3:30-6:30 I will have drop-in style conferences. I would love to see you to discuss your student's progress as well as answer any questions or concerns you may have. I will also be available on Friday from 8:00-12:00. If you would like to schedule a time to meet on Friday, please just send me a quick email and we will get that scheduled! Quarter 3 grades will be posted tomorrow morning at 8. 


Changes in Quarter 4:

In Quarter 4 we will be slightly changing our day. Instead of having a designated Must Do time of our day where students can work on missing work or homework, we will be using that time to get caught up on our writing. We have fallen behind and I want to make sure I cover all of the content before my students move on. That means that if your student doesn't finish their assignments in class, they will need to do them at home. I have let my students know that they can bring their novels, novel studies, or Idaho History Binders home as long as they come back the next day in the same condition. I want to make sure they (and you the parents) know that they are responsible for replacing anything that is lost or damaged once it leaves my room. As much as I would love to be able to provide books and supplies for all my students, I just don't have the budget to do so. :) Students will also have less time to get homework done in class. This is part of the Student Handbook however, so I am hoping it won't be too difficult of an adjustment. This will also help prepare my students for 5th grade and then middle school.


Commitment Letters:

Your student brought home a Commitment Letter today that they need to have filled out by you and then bring it back signed. This lets the school know how many positions to fill when they do the lottery. Please make sure you get that filled out and returned with your student by this Thursday.


Roaring Reader:

If your student is working towards getting their free ticket to Roaring Springs, they need to get that to me by Thursday the 21st. That will allow me time to get all of the student logs for our elementary school compiled so that I can get them submitted to Roaring Springs on time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment