Monday, October 23, 2023

Week of October 23rd

I hope you all had a lovely Fall Break! I spent most of it getting caught up at home after all of the crazy sickness and emergency surgery stuff that had been going on in the weeks leading up to it. Fingers crossed we are on track for some smoother waters. Thank you for your patience with me as I know I didn't respond to emails as quickly as I usually do. My youngest son had to have an appendectomy and it really rocked the boat a bit. It's like I told my class, I wish I could schedule these things instead of having them sprung on me! :)


ELA:

This week will be a normal week for ELA. We will continue working on our novel study as well as really working hard on some grammar rules in our Interactive Reading Journal. I am really proud of the progress my students have made so far!

This Thursday will be normal for quizzes and spelling tests. October Reading Calendars will be due next Wednesday, November 1st. Those can be turned in on the calendar or through an email from the parents letting me know how many minutes your student read in the month of October.


Math:

This week in math we will be finishing up our work on multiplication. Thursday we will spend time reviewing all of the concepts we have learned to be ready for our Topic 3&4 test that will be on Monday. Our next topic will begin working on division. Students will really struggle with this topic if they don't have a pretty firm grasp of their multiplication facts.


Parent/Teacher Conferences:

We will be doing conferences this Thursday from 3:30-7:00 (drop-in) and Friday from 8:00-12:00 (scheduled). I sent out invites to you through email for either one of those options depending on your student's progress. If you would like to schedule a time on Friday, but did not get that invite, please let me know! The drop-in time on Thursday will be student-led conferences and I will be here to help and answer any questions or concerns you may have. If you are coming on Friday, I am fine with you bringing your student with you to that as well. I really like to encourage students to start being a part of the team when it comes to learning at this age!


 Book Celebration Party:

Next Tuesday the 31st we will be having our Book Celebration party from 1:30-2:30! Students are invited to dress up as long as it is a character from our book Alice in Wonderland. Mrs. Blanchard and Mrs. DeForest have been working hard to plan our party and have put together a SignUp Genius for parents to sign up to help as well as send in supplies for the party. Please click HERE to sign up to help. I really appreciate all of the help with party planning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment