Friday, April 12, 2024

Week of April 15th

 Hello, I am sending this post out a little early because I am going to be gone on Monday. Please remember to email the office with any transportation changes. You can always include me, but if I happen to be gone there is no guarantee anyone will see it. If you email me over the weekend or on Monday, I will do my best to get back to you by Tuesday. Mrs. Pratt will be my substitute and the kids will keep going as normal. :)


ELA:

We are continuing our book Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing. We will be writing newspaper articles, studying new words, and working on our reading comprehension. We will also be finishing up our opinion writing on Monday. We will begin our narrative writing on Tuesday. I am so proud of my students and the hard work they are putting into class! This is a quiz week so we will have a Morning Warm Up quiz on Thursday. 


Math:

This week we finish up our work on customary and metric measurements. We will begin working on geometry by the end of the week. I am so proud of their hard work and dedication to getting through our content before ISATs. They are working hard! I would also like to recognize those students who are finishing up assignments at home when they haven't been completed at school. Those kids are amazing and I am so proud of them! This week we do have a Math 4 Today quiz on Thursday.


Science:

Your student got what they need to start on Step 3: Experimenting last week. If your student still does not have a question approved by me, please make every effort to get that done over the weekend as they are running out of time.

Students will be presenting these in class starting Monday, May 13th. They will then be displayed in the AUX gym on Thursday, May 16th from 5:30-7:00 during our Science Fair. I am so excited to see what they come up with!


RAD Performance:

Our students have been working so hard on our RAD performance here at school. That will be on Thursday, April 18th at 7:00pm. Please plan to be here! You won't want to miss it!


ISATs:

We will be taking our ISATs on Monday, April 29th and Thursday, May 2nd. Please make every effort to have your student in class every day until then. Attendance is always important, but it is even more so as we prepare for these tests. I spend class time talking about how to navigate the test, becoming familiar with the format, and doing practice questions to help alleviate some of the anxiety that can happen with the test. 


ISAT Party:

Our class has been talking about the ISAT party that we will be having after we complete our ISATs. Students can earn an invitation to the party one of two ways. The first way is their score, this means that they meet their goal on the ISAT by scoring a 3 or 4 or by improving one level from the practice ISAT they took in the fall. The second way they can earn an invitation is by working hard from now until ISATs showing that they are trying to do their very best. I offer this second option because I know test anxiety is a real thing and my goal is to take that off the plate for my students. I want them to feel confident in their knowledge and be able to show what they know. :) This party will be a lot of fun! I usually have pizza and root beer floats. If you would like to help out and send in supplies, let me know and I will let you know what we need. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment